Thank you for your interest in the OKC Beautiful Teen Board!
The OKC Beautiful Teen Board is a unique opportunity for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors to connect with the community as well as their environment. The purpose of the OKC Beautiful Teen Board is to bring a team of high school students together to aid OKC Beautiful and make their city a better place to live, work, and play. The Teen Board seeks to encourage personal growth and development of the skills and behavior required of good leaders. All Teen Board members are expected to adhere to the standards of OKC Beautiful and to uphold our mission. OKC Beautiful is a nonprofit organization working to improve the image and appearance of Oklahoma City. Our goal is to improve our city through programs, education, litter abatement, landscapes and more. Teen board members will meet once a month and will participate in learning opportunities, service projects, and a fundraiser.
- Applicant must complete online application by Friday, September 1, 2017
- Applicant must be a sophomore, junior or senior for the 2017-2018 school year and live in OKC or attend a public or private school in the OKC area.
- Members MUST attend orientation on Monday, September 25 from 5-7 p.m.
- Teen Board members may only miss two of the monthly meetings before being asked to resign, if members are 15 minutes or more tardy it will be counted as an absence.
- Teen Board members agree to abide by OKC Beautiful Teen Board policies and procedures
Questions? Email Kristen Milburn at [email protected]
2017-2018 Teen Board Schedule
|Date & Time||Topic||Speaker||Location|
|Monday, September 25, 5-7 p.m.||Orientation||OKC Beautiful Staff||CHK Community Plaza Conference Room, 720 W Wilshire Blvd, #101|
|Monday, October 2, 5-6:30 p.m.||Public Art||Robbie Kienzle||Plaza District|
|Monday, November 13, 5-6:30 p.m.||Horticulture/Composting||Lance Swearengin||OKC Zoo & Botanical Garden|
|Monday, December 4, 5-6:30 p.m.||TBD|
|Monday, January 8, 5-6:30 p.m.||TBD|
|Monday, February 5, 5-6:30 p.m.||TBD|
|Monday, March 5, 5-6:30 p.m.||Urban Agriculture||Allen Parleir||Commonwealth Urban Farms|
|Tuesday, March 27, 4-5:30 p.m.||LitterBlitz Kickoff|
|Monday, April 2, 5-6:30 p.m.||Graduation|
Application Due: Friday, September 1, 2017
Notification: Friday, September 8, 2017
Please complete the application in its entirety and include all attachments. If any questions are unanswered, the application will not be considered. Questions? Email Kristen Milburn at [email protected]